The Bromley Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bromley Forum

Discuss life in London's Bromley. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you

Car crash Bromley Lane, Chislehurst victim still critical

Staff
    Staff

Car crash Bromley Lane, Chislehurst victim still critical Empty Car crash Bromley Lane, Chislehurst victim still critical

Post  Staff Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:46 pm

A CRASH victim is still in a critical condition in hospital following a car accident in Chislehurst on Monday morning(April 13).

Matthew Vickers was a passenger in a Vauxhall Astra travelling along Bromley Lane at 12.37am when the vehicle was in collision with a Nissan convertible.

The Astra driver, Matthew’s friend 28-year-old Stuart Golding, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A post mortem examination yesterday (April 15) showed Mr Golding, believed to be from Orpington, died from multiple injuries sustained in the crash.

An inquest into the accident was opened and adjourned today (April 16).

Paramedics managed to save Mr Vickers by putting in a chest drain, before taking him to Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill.

Speaking to News Shopper after the accident, Matthew’s father Brian said: “I would like to thank the people who helped.

“I would also like to get in touch with the paramedics and the doctors who saved my son at the scene.

“Without them his lungs would have filled up and he would have died at the scene.”

The 61-year-old added: “Although my son survives and it looks like he is going to make a full recovery, I would like to pay tribute to Stuart who was his best mate.

“His family is totally inconsolable.”

The driver of the Nissan convertible was taken to the same hospital suffering from serious injuries.

Police arrested him on Monday on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after he was discharged from hospital.

The 28-year-old, from Gravesend, has been bailed until July pending further inquiries.

Anyone who has any information about the crash should call the south east collision investigation unit on 020 8284 5925.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 pm